If you’re a student reading this, kindly forward it to your professors or the administration of your institution. As you read this explanation of how online examinations are proctored, you’ll see that it was initially intended for your teachers and the school’s administration. But you’ve come to the right site if you work for a school, an educational institution, or own a tuition center.
We have tried to depict the overall format of the online proctored exams. It also explains your duties as the exam authority and how to prepare your students for online exams with proctors.
What Are Online Exams With a Proctor?
In case you’re unaware, proctored examinations are timed exams that you take while proctoring software records and monitors your webcam footage and audio as well as your computer’s desktop. The proctoring service receives the data captured by the proctoring program and reviews it.
In other words, an online proctored exam is just like any other exam, with the addition of an online infrastructure to handle all the related activities. And last but not least, invigilation to protect the privacy of the test room.
How do Online Proctored Exam Programs Operate?
Let’s look at how online proctored tests operate now that we know what they include.
You can see the term “software” in the headline if you read it. Any online proctoring relies on a solid, adaptable, and dynamic program.
Usually, a cloud-based technology powers the entire infrastructure. It’s practically impossible to imagine how online proctoring will function without a cloud-based system, given the expansion of e-learning globally, even though some ancient firms still rely on antiquated legacy systems.
The Candidate’s Authentication
Online proctoring starts with authentication, much like offline proctoring does. The online proctoring program verifies the examinee’s legitimacy and weeds out any questionable conduct.
The software ensures that the candidate shares a screen with video and audio recordings before the exam begins. Additionally unlikely is impersonation. Students typically need to show their photo IDs to the online proctoring system at the start of each test. The test doesn’t start until proctors have verified their identities.
Candidate Monitoring in Real Time
The next stage is to monitor candidates as they take the test. Typically, an algorithm continuously scans candidates and flags any suspicious cases.
Data Review and Storage
The exams’ audio and video recording data are kept in the cloud, even though the flag raising occurs in real time. You or your team can review the cases one more after the tests are finished.
Guidelines for Online Proctored Exams
You must instruct your students to utilize their personal computers or laptops with the recommended specifications if you are administering an exam to them. Additionally, you should request that they choose a location with solid internet connectivity.
Before the test begins, you must go through the following instructions with your students:
A webcam and microphone are required for a candidate to take an exam.
1. A plain background for the pupils’ seats is also advised.
2. Ensure that the space is properly lit.
3. There must be complete silence in the space.
4. Make sure you stay in the room by yourself throughout the exam.
5. Before the test starts, have a sufficient number of sheets.
And here are some things your prospects must not do:
1. Inform your students that the exam window will be proctored throughout. Therefore they should refrain from attempting to navigate from it. The exam will be canceled if any suspicious activity is noticed while administering it.
2. Ensure your candidates know they cannot speak to anyone while taking your test.
3. During the exam, your candidates are not permitted to use any digital devices, including cell phones or Bluetooth speakers. The same will be regarded as malpractice if it is noticed.
4. Inform your students that using several devices concurrently may result in the exam being terminated for that candidate if the system detects it.
5. Before the test starts, a test screen shows. The candidates must always be seated in front of the test screen.
If you want to pay someone to take my proctored exam, then do not worry. The Online Class Hero is here to help you. We have an expert team of Online Exam Takers who guide you and take the tests of different subjects and various fields. Contact us today for any help.