The occurrence of technical errors is common in QuickBooks. If you are a QuickBooks user and are exasperated by QuickBooks error code15240, then this article will prove helpful to you. Herein, we shall be discussing the various causes and methodologies to resolve QuickBooks Error code 15240. This error code is related to incorrect settings of Internet Explorer and due to an incorrect time/date set on your P.C. If you have any related queries or want our technical support, then feel no hesitation to call our experts.
Major instigators to QuickBooks Error 15240
There are various causes of the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240. The most noteworthy ones to take attention are listed below:
- Your computer’s Date and Time settings may be incorrect.
- A malfunctioning Internet Explorer may be another reason behind Error code 15240.
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks downloaded files.
- Important QuickBooks-related files are being impacted by malware or viruses.
- The unintentional destruction of important QuickBooks data.
- QuickBooks’ effective operation is hampered by firewall setups.
How can I rectify QuickBooks Error code 15240?
There are various solutions that can aid users in rectifying QuickBooks Error code 15240. These include granting permissions, adjustment of, I.E., settings, adding exceptions to the firewall, including other troubleshooting methods. Let’s start off with these methods one by one.
Solution 1: Give Permissions to QuickBooks Installation Folder
- To begin with, shut down QuickBooks and launch the Windows File Manager.
- After that, right-click the Intuit folder at C:/Program Files and head to Properties.
- Pick the Advanced tab from the Properties.
- Verify that the User Group access is enabled.
- The next step requires heading to the Advanced Security Settings and then choosing the Owners section.
- Now, head to Enter the object name to choose a section.
- Then, type the User names and click on the option to Check Names.
- Click on Ok.
- Select the option to replace the Owner for sub-containers and objects.
- After that, click on Ok before choosing Apply. Then, head to Permissions.
- Click on Full Control after choosing Users.
- Select Ok after clicking on Apply.
- You now need to go for the reinstallation of updates. If the issue persists, repeat the preceding procedure on the folders specified below.
- Drive : \Users\ Your User Name\ AppData\ Local\ Intuit
- If you are using a 64-bit system,
- Drive:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files \Intuit
- Drive :\Program Files \Common Files\ Intuit
- Drive:\ ProgramData\ Intuit
Solution 2: Changing I.E., Security Settings
- The first step requires opening Internet Explorer. When it opens, click on the Tools tab.
- After that, Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, choose the check boxes next to Use SSL 3.0 and Use SSL 2.0.
- Next, click Apply before choosing Ok.
- Verify that the QuickBooks Error code 15240 has been fixed.
Solution 3: Add QuickBooks to the exception list of Windows Firewall
- Head to Windows Firewall.
- Click on settings.
- Remove all restrictions from the processes “qbw32.exe” and “qbupdate.exe” if they are marked as restricted programs.
- You can achieve the same outcome by adding these files to the list of exceptions.
- Check to determine if your firewall is blocking port numbers 80 and 443.
Solution 4: Launching QuickBooks as an administrator
- After quitting QuickBooks Desktop, right-click the Q.B. icon and select the option to Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes to give the user access.
- If the problem still exists, update QuickBooks payroll once again after opening the program.
Solution 5: Correction of system date and time
- Open the Run window by holding the Windows and R keys at the same time.
- To enter the Control Panel, type Control.
- Hit on the Clock & Region option before moving on to Date and Time.
- Verify if the system time and date are correct. If not, select the option to Adjust the date and time.
- Click on Ok to accept the changes.
You may also read : Resolve QBDBMgrn not running on this computer error
We have gone through the various solutions for the rectification of QuickBooks Error code 15240. Technical intricacies keep hampering QuickBooks users, and if you are also facing them, then you can call our certified QuickBooks experts at the helpline 1 800 761 1787.